Tuesday, February 25, 2014

looking round campus


I spent a good deal of time going back and forth to meetings and other events in the Roski School of Fine Arts today, which meant passing and repassing this huge mirror on the wall outside it - this would be more or less on the far side of the printmaking studio.  And if one stood here long enough, it would doubtless reflect one or more groups of prospective students and their parents who are on campus this week, and who are being interviewed - the students, that is - as prospective holders of prestigious scholarships (they've all been admitted - the task is now to woo them).  I confess that I'm a sucker for personal statements, as a genre, and wish that confidentiality pledges didn't stop me from revealing what's heading my way later in the week.  Let's just say that the students I'll be talking to run the gamut between the idealistic and the economically focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment