Saturday, January 6, 2018

MLA18 - on display!


I was so very happy that Flash! was so well displayed at the OUP stall at the MLA book exhibit!  I went to look for it, with an nonchalant and incognito air - and as I sidled up to the table, could see that a copy of Flash! was actually in someone's hands ... this person was saying to one of the OUP people manning the stall - "I knew her!  We were at a conference in Marburg together!  She spent her time going round taking photographs of everything! And ..." at which point I elbowed him, and then rescued him from his embarrassment.  (and no - he didn't then purchase a copy, which would have been the ultra-cool-and-tactful thing to do ...).  Then, in embarrassment at being caught celebrating my own book - though after thanking the people on the stall for taking such great care of it - I sidled off again ...

No comments:

Post a Comment