Friday, May 11, 2018

a Clark alcove


I've heard some terrific papers at the Curiosity and Desire conference at the Clark Library today - but gosh, it's been chilly.  "Summer" in LA does have these June Gloom, clammy grey days, and this was one of them ... lunch outdoors would have been more welcome if there had been heat lamps in the middle of the lawn.  I had to come home and fling myself in a hot bath, since my fingertips had turned white (like my father, I've long, long been subject to Raynaud's syndrome, but that's something that isn't usually an issue in Souther California ... ).  Apart from that, though, it was great to go to some papers that made me think, and one paper given by Mimi Winick (a former student of mine ...) has made me come home and re-write (post-bath) the conclusion of something that I'm writing myself for a symposium in a couple of weeks ... so thank you, Mimi! (and Vernon Lee ...).

No comments:

Post a Comment