Wednesday, August 1, 2018

aquarium


I'd intended, this morning, to pay a quick visit to the De Young Museum before flying back.  I nearly did - I took a couple of buses to get there (I much enjoyed seeing San Francisco by public transport, and seriously recommend an app called Moovit which tells you how to get from A to B - but more than that, tracks you as you're trundling along, tells you when to get off; tells you how long till your next bus will be ...).  But I didn't really know about the Californian Academy of Sciences, which is a magical museum teaching the young (and I guess the older) about precarious environments, from rainforests to coral reefs, and the importance of conservation.  That seemed to be where the masses were heading - so I walked over out of curiosity - and, in fact, I couldn't walk away.  These are, of course, only a fraction of the photos that I took ...










Somehow, I missed (well, I could have spent far longer there) the African Penguin Colony, but I did get to see an albino alligator called Claude.

No comments:

Post a Comment