Saturday, September 29, 2018

wimbledon common, early autumn


Wimbledon Common has been the backdrop - off and on, off and on - to my whole life, one way or another.  Obviously, for the last forty years I've only seen it spasmodically - every few weeks, every few months - but it's always been there.  So - on another lovely day of late summer - I went and sat there by the pond for a while the afternoon, and looked at the heron, and the heron looked at fish.  Looked at fish very closely and intently.  The horse chestnut trees, which I thought a couple of years back were diseased and doomed, seem to have revivified.

It's not going to be easy heading back to the US in the morning - which is obviously and presumably whilst I'm trying to hang onto continuity with my past ...



No comments:

Post a Comment