Sunday, June 18, 2023

hollyhocks


Before I hit the road today, I had fun taking portraits of hollyhocks - if there isn't such a thing as a Hollyhock Appreciation Day, there should be.  The ones at La Posada are numerous, and very varied, and are all over the place on their grounds.  Given how well they were flourishing, I had high hopes of the ones here at home in Santa Fe ... there are about three that have decided to come up this year, two as stunted as last year, and none yet in flower.  But I will celebrate them when the time comes.

The tumbleweed, however ... never have I seen such a thick forest of it on the driveway, advertising to the world that no one is at home.  I attacked it with shears this evening - made a start, at any rate.  Tomorrow will be all out war, not just with sharp blades, but with vinegar and salt ...





 

No comments:

Post a Comment