Tuesday, August 25, 2026

sleeping animals


One of these animals is not like the others ... we went to Petsmart this morning to buy some cat litter, and they had some truly adorable ferrets.  I swear my mother kept ferrets when she was a little girl, but it might have been Auntie Marjorie across the road (though I think she had rabbits, and the two aren't exactly compatible).  But I doubt I have a note of this anywhere, and so can probably never verify it ...

And that, I thought, was it for sleeping animals of note for today.  But after lunch, I didn't sit in my desk chair since Moth was in it, and was reading peacefully in my armchair - then looked round, and thought - no, surely Moth doesn't have that many paws?  In five years, I have never, ever seen them curled up asleep together.  They can hardly have been doing it to keep warm (although admittedly, the a/c was on).  This went on for a while, and was the sweetest thing.  Maybe a corner has been turned?




And Gramsci is even more adorable than a white ferret.















 

No comments:

Post a Comment