Saturday, April 4, 2009

blowing away



This isn't at all what I'd expected to blog about today, and doesn't fall under any rubric involving memory or personal photography, but I was walking past this house on S. 4th with wind chimes blowing in one direction, and plastic flowers in another, and it completely summed up the windiness of the day.   It was the kind of day in which one looked at the trees out front to check that they are leaning away from the house, and at the squirrels swinging in the trees at the back nibbling new leaves hoping that one wouldn't see their little grey furry bodies hurled through the air.   I'm also rather taken aback that HP can look so southern - I could kid myself that I'd taken this in Charleston SC.    It does seem rather trivial by the side of the CNN piece that I'm watching with one eye about the dangers of photographic journalism in Juarez ...

No comments:

Post a Comment