Wednesday, July 28, 2010

spore

I'm not quite sure why the lawn outside the Pioneers Museum in Colorado Springs should be littered with these large purple spiky balls - we wondered what they were, naturally, and the title seems to be Spores. I should have written down, of course, the artist responsible, but I can only remember that the local arts council person responsible was rather appositely called Christopher Weed. It is possible that we ourselves are covered with spores of various kinds, having spent the day in the archives of the PM, reading newspapers from 1931/2 which crumbled under our hands, and then repairing to the Evergreen Cemetery to check out the presence and absence of certain gravestones. This is my kind of research ...

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 29, 2010

    What (or who) is the subject of your research?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, well - the truth of this is that it isn't my own research - hence my claim that this is a vacation - but my partner's current work, on a financial scandal - and its social and personal ramifications - involving Building and Loan societies in Colorado Springs in the early 1930s.

    ReplyDelete