Friday, October 14, 2011

tourist photography


A few weeks ago I took a whole lot of pictures at the Folk Art Museum in Santa Fe.   These pictures were, alas, on the little camera that I lost.   So I went back today, with a nicely sophisticated SLR - click.  Hmmm.  I'd forgotten to re-insert the camera card.   So it was back to my iPhone.   However, one of the iPhone's advantages is that one can hold it at good angles - just like these two tourists, who form a very small part of one of my favorite complicated dioramas, in which little model figures - and these are only a couple of inches high - populate a large, and tribally eclectic pueblo.   

And then, after looking at this couple looking, I started to get fascinated by all the different gazes that there were in all the different models and dolls and stuffed humans and wooden animals in the museum, and to photograph the small humanoid figures looking back at me


 

and then, even, their eyes themselves.   I think that I'll save this last one for a visual studies poster or some such some time in the future.


All in all, an iPhone does an o.k. job, when one needs it to ...

No comments:

Post a Comment