Sunday, October 13, 2013

grotto


This is an unremarkable enough view of a corner of our front yard - that's not to say that it isn't a very pretty front yard - until one notices the waterfall.  Even then, the most remarkable thing about the waterfall is that it's running.  Today I cleaned out its three algae filled basins, and refilled it with clean fresh water, and sluiced the pump and got it all splashing again.  This was stunningly arduous, since there's no plug system, and no conduit (other than the waterfall itself) between all three levels.  There's a flight of steps to one side, but if I fill up the shop vac - or even fill it up until it's about 1/4 full - it's too heavy for me to manoeuver it safely down the steps.  And then lugging the big base even a few yards to the drain is heavy enough (yes, I know it needs a hose.  I couldn't find a nozzle-less hose).  After yesterday's home assembly fire guard (doubtless the antithesis of something watery), I claimsome kind of home maintenance award.  And of course, having a waterfall to complain about is hardly a hardship.



No comments:

Post a Comment