Thursday, April 2, 2015

inside another library!


I'm really stretching things this week - the Getty Research Institute library is a whole step up from the stacks at USC.  But with a paper coming up in a couple of weeks, exceptional moves were called for. I'll pay for it tomorrow, in terms of admin - but it was great escaping today.  It made me so very grateful for the current Art History administrators, Beth and Tracey - I can actually leave the office in their hands, without danger of chaos.  Or at least, in the certain knowledge that I am unlikely to learn of any chaos.  Indeed - these are administrators who actually encouraged me to take a day and go to a library.  Unbelievable.  It has been so long since I was inside the white curves of the GRI that it all felt extremely strange, but two books that I've been wanting to get my hands on for ages were on the open shelves, and I treated it all like a taster of leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment