Thursday, July 23, 2015

folded roses


One of the real delights of Bloomsbury and roundabouts these days is the rapid proliferation of little shops and cafes and artisanal thingies - and of looking in their windows (en route to the British Library, for a mash-up of putting together my presentation for tomorrow's Loving London talk, and some healthy self-plagiarism from the intro to To the Lighthouse that I wrote some - ouch - nearly thirty years ago - I needed the quotations, at the very least, for a very short, very simple piece I'm writing for the BL's own website.  I was sure that my parents would have a copy - but no: hence the BL).  These origami roses were in the window of a wedding dress designer's: I was so hoping that they'd be made of some of the pages about Miss Havisham in Great Expectations, but alas, 'twas not to be ...

No comments:

Post a Comment