Wednesday, September 9, 2015

angles of vision



Another day, another set of window views - this time looking up as I exit my office.  One thing that's quite different about the National Humanities Center compared with my time here eight years ago is the fact that the glass has all been replaced this summer, and it's now shiny new and clean (and let's hope not leaking in the current rain.  Yes, rain!  It took me a while to work out what the unusual sound was ...).  It's so strange returning to the Center - in large part, because (apart from the fellow Fellows) I don't have that disorienting feeling of newness (I do in the house I'm renting, though that's getting less extreme), so I've been able to hit the working ground running.  It makes all the difference in the world, too, to be at the end (I hope - well, nearing the end ...) of a project and not be stumbling around trying to find out what it is that I'm not working on.   Nor do I want to repeat the photos that I took eight years ago ... hence the black and white.  But I'm sure I'll revert, soon enough - it's the most alluring of light-and-angle filled buildings.

No comments:

Post a Comment