Friday, August 19, 2016

new semester


I have a mental seasonal clock that tells me that it's time for the fall/autumn semester when the leaves start to turn color: this didn't really work in New Jersey, and it works a good deal less well still when I'm in Southern California.  I'm going to have to reset that clock so that it clicks into motion when these trees are in flower.  Only I'm not sure what they are ... I've been thinking of them as Plumeria for years, only I've just checked, and that absolutely not what they are ... (and in any case, although I went to two meetings, and did a whole lot of book unpacking (we've moved departmental offices), I'm still on leave this academic year, and hence can only vicariously claim that the semester is flat out beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment