Saturday, February 4, 2017

year of the rooster


It would have been a good idea to have checked, today, before I went to the Huntington to chase down two missing page numbers, that there was nothing Going On in the gardens.  It wasn't that I was innocent of the Chinese/Lunar new year - I already knew that I'd better avoid going anywhere near Chinatown.  But I'd not factored in the New Year Festival in the Huntington Gardens, that made parking so impossible that I had - for the first time ever - to park out on the street.  However, it was great to prowl around whilst I was waiting to my book to turn up (a first edition of William Faulkner's These Thirteen, the USC copy having disappeared without trace from the shelves): here's a very small boy excited to be inside the head of a dancing creature.

No comments:

Post a Comment