Thursday, October 26, 2017

no actual cats


... were used, amused or abused in the taking of this photograph.  It's a long time since I've been working so flat out (but I met my deadlines! I met my deadlines!) during a day that I haven't had a moment to lift my head or look around for Today's Pic - and have had to fall back on my desk, or at least make an assemblage of a wooden cat-doll staring at my computer top.  I separated the two parts of Wooden Cat carefully, expecting to find a nest of littler wooden cats inside, but no.  There was a chunk of ancient hair, carefully wrapped in plastic wrap, inside,  But it's a complete mystery.  It doesn't look like cat hair - too coarse.  Llama?  But when would I have gathered llama wool?  It's all very well Keeping Mementoes, but the point is rather lost if one can't remember their origins.

No comments:

Post a Comment