Tuesday, May 15, 2018

life on the range


Goats?  Roosters and hens? (of course I had eggs for breakfast) Buffalo (from the bathroom window early this morning)?  Miniature horses?  Of course, there was the small matter of the drive down to Las Vegas and back to pick up Alice, which took up most of the day - but that allowed me to appreciate the peace and quiet up here all the more - not to mention 3 drives through Zion National Park, switchback road and all, when I thought I'd just have the one.  My enthusiasm doesn't extend to the overcrowded I-15, especially the bendy Virgin River gorge part, which no one ever mentions (though a quick on-line check reveals a large semi going over the edge and dropping 80 feet only last week, and various other deadly horror stories.  I'm not surprised).  Back on the road again tomorrow ...




No comments:

Post a Comment