Friday, August 14, 2020

what Moth thought of the Art History (virtual) Welcome Back Breakfast


Perhaps it's a little hard to make a virtual gathering of 44 people go with a swoosh and a bang - but Moth didn't exactly give me a vote of confidence afterwards.  Admittedly, to give her her due, she stayed quiet and curled up for the duration (with LucyFur invisible, the next tier down).  But after it was over ... And then, in the afternoon, when I was making a Hi Everyone! video for my undergrad class, I'd just started off ... and I gradually became aware of her head slowly rising, and she stayed staring at the camera from over my left shoulder.  

Also, my computer keeps overheating, with Zoom.  Looking online as to why, I learn:
Your CPU and graphics are probably working much harder than they do in other software that you run. Zoom doesn’t use the same audio and video encoding as streaming movies do (those have too much delay to be good for teleconferencing) so it’s doing all the work in software. And your laptop may not have hardware assistance for video encoding at all.
That is so not encouraging, given the weeks ahead ...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment