Thursday, September 17, 2026

ants


This notice tells its own dismal story.  It wasn't a day in which I needed to walk into the bathroom first thing, and encounter battalions of tiny black ants.  They were coming in at the top of the window, marching down one side, and one platoon then struck out across the floor, and another into the washbasin ...

Luckily, we had some diatomaceous earth left over from earlier invasions, and I've been generous with its distribution.  But still - that bathroom is off bounds while the white powder does, I hope, do its job.  However, I'm itchy all over with imaginary ants, and that's on top of a very itchy reaction to the adhesive on the heart monitor I have to wear for a week, which feels like having a whole lot of mosquito bites under it.  This seems (for what else is google for, if not wondering about shared experiences) very depressingly common ...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment