Wednesday, October 7, 2026

up the coast and out to sea



Up the coast from Boston, and a picnic lunch at Salisbury - and then on up to Kennebunk.  Here, I developed a new understanding of Winslow Homer, heading off to sea in a ketch for an hour or so, and finding that the North Atlantic heading into mid October isn't exactly flat.



I loved it - just the right degree of roughness - but Alice (who'd not been out on a sailing boat ever before) went a slightly queasy greenish pale color - which was better than the man next to her, who spent a long time with a plastic bucket.  Truly, it wasn't that bad, and the sun was out, and the sky blue (but there again, I don't get seasick, so I'm quite happy to be be buffeted around (especially in retrospect.  But it was truly exhilarating.

















 

No comments:

Post a Comment