Sunday, October 12, 2014

still in need of a good home, but ...


When people ask how Bitzi is getting on - our timid, taken-from-feraldom a little too late, bullied-by-other-cats cat - I talk about her huge progress this year; her non-stop purring; her rolling over and over for tummy rubs and head butts and strokes; the way in which she rubs up against my legs again and again as I work.  Yes - the key, and the difficulty, lies in those last words: "as I work."  For she now lives in my study, largely safe from the other cats, and has come to love me, or at least to demand affection.  But, alas, only me.  So she's a one-person cat, and even though the point of this six month regimen of deferalization has been to turn into into a cat whom one can pet and treat like a normal house cat, I think I may be stuck with her.  She's still yours, however, to a one-person, no cat, no dog, nothing-scary home ... she'll come to love you, too ...

No comments:

Post a Comment