Tuesday, August 23, 2016

... three more days ...


I'll miss my large and airy sanctuary in the Georgia O'Keeffe Research Center, a lot (at least, now that I no longer register the a/c unit turning itself on and off, on and off, which drove me crazy for the first month.  Or maybe it's just that the weather has turned a little cooler).  I'm bad at chronicling my working spaces - and there have been a lot of them over the past six years - this office; the Chair's Office at Rutgers, my attic room with rutting animals in the wall in a Rutgers house on Union Street, New Brunswick (as rooms go, that was probably my favorite), my English dept office at USC; the Art History Chair's office; my art history dept. office; my office at the National Humanities Center, and now my new Art History office, almost directly underneath the office I had in English (same tree, different branches, same sounds of the band practicing).  And almost every time I've moved on, in this peripatetic catalogue, I'm 2/3 packed up, and wished that I'd taken a picture of it as an actual office in use.  So here, untidied, unemptied, is my downtown Santa Fe retreat.

No comments:

Post a Comment