Wednesday, July 4, 2018

before the onslaught


Moth and I would like to make the following observations:
i) if one's going to be kept awake by loud fireworks, having a good rest on a cool glass table top during the afternoon helps.
ii) I hate fireworks.  That is, I like looking at fireworks, but I hate bangs (and the fear that they might set Griffith Park alight).
iii) you can see a lot of fireworks from our house - including spectacular ones at the Rose Bowl.
iv) acoustics are weird.  What sound like industrial explosions from the bedroom - or at the very least M-80s - can be seen, from the living room, to be rockets going off in Glendale.  That is some consolation.
v) then one hears a sound - or two - of which one thinks that can't possibly be true.
vi) I really hate to think what this does to a vet with PTSD.
vii) Moth copes with fireworks better than I do.
viii) Moth has appointed herself my protector.
ix) when will these bangs STOP?

No comments:

Post a Comment