Thursday, May 7, 2020

other people's bougainvillea


Rather a lot of pink, with the morning sun shining through it.  I always associate bougainvillea with Greece, and in particular, with one hotel that I stayed in - but where?  This is where I panic: how to remember the names of some of the Greek islands that I just stayed on for a couple of nights, and which was which?  Yes, I have diaries, but for the late 1980s or early 1990s, not to hand ... I've liked it, ever since; I'd never seen it before in such profusion.  But, where?  It's very nearly twenty years since I've been to Greece - I used to go for a week almost every year, since it was so easy, from England, and so instantly relaxing - but it's not much use having those thoughts at the moment.  And looking at pictures on line, trying to remember where it might have been - I can almost smell the crushed wild oregano, and thyme.



No comments:

Post a Comment