Wednesday, June 23, 2010

class

So, yes, this is a dark picture - but our class meets in a darkened room, for the mixing, drop by drop, of various potions. Today could have been better in terms of finished products (technical details - I think that I should have printed out my own negatives at home on my Epson printer rather than use the SFW HP printer - at least, since I've been making the negatives with a color-screen layer) - but I did manage one pretty excellent ziatype piece at the end. Only, yes, I'd forgotten to flip the negative horizontal (ah, one learns through mistakes). In the morning it was platinum/palladium prints, which nearly came right, but didn't quite...

The good news is that the basement in 113 Graham should be ideal for carrying on with this. Things haven't gone quite right with today's developing and printing; I'm not a good person when it comes to sharing space - I would be happy having complete quiet, with a tame consultant somewhere to hand. The storm arrived - and as ever in Santa Fe it smelt quite amazing after rain and hail - all damp ground and pinon. And this meant that we had to use light boxes (I was very relieved how easy this was - confirmed me in the thinking that one should do test strips, though). I am now completely hooked ...

No comments:

Post a Comment