Sunday, February 13, 2011

reflective


This is more or less in homage to the Magrittes in the Menil Collection (see yesterday): I have a very conflicted relationship with Magritte, since I find him very slick (both technically and intellectually), yet always compelling to look at.   This is outside the back of the Omni in LA, between it and MOCA - which I wasn't visiting for any cultural reason (shame, shame), but to pick up some salad from the branch of Lemonade there, and bring it back to my room for a hard working evening (we won't mention the caramel fleur-de-sel macaroon that also found its way into my purchase).   I'm not sure what it says about one's life when one's idea of bliss includes some quiet time in hotel rooms just catching up with everything ...

No comments:

Post a Comment