Sunday, May 15, 2011

a little surprise ...


... which of course it won't be, now, since the next occupant of my Union Street room is a FB friend, and I'll remove it, if he asks nicely, in the next couple of days ... But I can't reach it; it's on the top shelf of a closet, and is weirdly heavy.   Or perhaps not weirdly - I guess all bleached, painted, horned cattle skulls are heavy.   This was possibly my oddest ever eBay purchase, and all I can offer by way of self-defence was that I was at a pretty depressed moment of my life.   Still ...

But I do like the idea of having something unusual to find in one's new room ... when I moved in here, it was to a closet full of old tea cups and saucers, and a duvet, and some saucepans - not a selection of items suggesting that one could live in here - more like the remnants of a garage sale.   

I must make a dash for it with the remainder of my things: it looks like it might temporarily have stopped raining...

No comments:

Post a Comment