Sunday, September 22, 2013

colored circles


Believe me, I look back at yesterday's image of cheerleaders, and can't imagine why I didn't let myself rip on the topic of these hyper-feminized, plastic creatures sweeping onto the football pitch before smiling their plastic smiles and kicking their legs high in the air, like parodies of a Toulouse-Lautrec painting.  My judgement was probably muddied by having too many versions of the USC fight song ringing through my head.  Cheerleading may be a ritual, but it's a ritual which is anachronistic in its perpetuation in its current form.  Are there any avant-garde, mould-breaking cheerleaders anywhere?

That being said, I return to the pleasures of contemplation - in this case, the door to the outside stairs that's on our second floor landing.  I'm eyeing it up: it's a strong contender for this year's Christmas card design ...

No comments:

Post a Comment