Friday, February 5, 2016

bridge


I love walking from my hotel to the CAA conference - it's about a mile and a quarter, and, even if it was snowing in a desultory way this morning, it was beautiful and golden coming back.  I so associate those Woodley Park hotels in DC with less than happy MLAs - including one of the worst migraines I've ever had - so nothing would enduce me to stay in them again unless I absolutely had to.  And there's so much to look at when walking: here's one end of the Lions' Bridge - that is, the William Howard Taft Bridge (built 1897-1907).  I was a little surprised when Alice told me via Skype it's vertigo inducing - it's only 136 feet or so high - but I think that the take-away from that is that I'm super-lucky not to notice vertigo.

And here's another shot of the stenciled walkway ...




No comments:

Post a Comment