Friday, February 12, 2016

homesick for a tree


There, on my screen, is a photo that Alice sent me this morning - the tree outside our bedroom and dining room, in full blossom, with the sun on Griffith Park behind.  I love that tree; I miss that tree - an Asian Pear, that comes out at the beginning of February in all of its stunning beauty.  And there, out of the window, are the grey cold pines of North Carolina, and some thin flakes of snow.  Sigh.  But yes, there are my piles of notes, and print outs, and that promising pile of volumes? - why, it's a whole lot of years of the Magazine of Light, the in-house magazine of the lighting division of General Electric in the 1930s and 40s.   So far, this would probably be more interesting to someone working in the history of interior design (and garden design too) than to the flash photography historian, but I live in hope ...

No comments:

Post a Comment