Saturday, April 23, 2016

community herbs


A couple of weeks ago, down at the Farmers' Market, I was addressed by a couple of hijabed young women who wanted me to solve an argument: were those bushes rosemary, or not?  As you can see - in the middle distance - they are most decidedly rosemary, and flourishing.  I don't know, however, if like this catnip (and most other things) that are labelled, they are there to be picked and used, in small quantities, by the community; or whether they are there to educate us into what healthy herbs look like; or whether they are inspirational, or just someone's brain wave about what makes a nice bed in a communal space - I don't know.  I did, however, spirit away a sprig of catnip, hoping that DandyLion might appreciate the gesture.

No comments:

Post a Comment