Saturday, April 16, 2016

Eno River


The Eno River seemed to call out for a late Victorian treatment - or maybe I just look at a lot of Victorian photographs.  It's pretty good in springtime color, too ... just about 9 miles out of the center of Durham is this beautiful state park, where the trail I took took me down to the old pump house (and dam) that used to supply Durham's water.  The river came complete with turtles sunning themselves.  There were curiously few people here, given what a perfect April day it was - I thought it would be packed, and instead of which it was all birdsong and running water.  After yesterday's owl cam (and one of the owlets flew off, this evening - a triumph for him/her, to use those wings, but I felt bereft), I thought some real live nature was in order.





No comments:

Post a Comment