Tuesday, January 23, 2018

photography at LACMA


To LACMA tonight, to the USC VSRI/LACMA photo seminar - with Ryan Linkof talking about paparazzi photography, and the history of paparazzi photography and the English tabloid press (opening with a paparazzi shot of Prince William having a pee through a wire fence at a polo match, which is an image I'd never seen before, and now provides me with visual info I guess I'm going to have to work to eradicate).  This was not the only memorable part, however - it was an excellent taster for his new book, Public Images: Celebrity, Photojournalism, and the Making of the Tabloid Press.  Here he is, listening attentively to his respondent: I don't think this can quite be called a paparazzi image, since he's elegantly posed, even if ostensibly not noticing what I'm up to - and any way, I had time to neatly frame the shot.

Outside, of course, the usual lamp-post framing was going on ...


No comments:

Post a Comment