Wednesday, January 3, 2018

waiting for snow ...


Rather improbably, this is my view from my MLA room, looking down over Times Square ... I am one of the lucky ones who's made it into NYC today, rather than waiting for whatever travel nightmares tomorrow is going to throw.  For once, my hyper-caution about conference travel (when it comes to allowing time for things to go wrong when interviewing candidates, anyway - and, indeed, when it comes to paper-giving) may have paid off.  Snow, the forecast tells me, will begin in the middle of the night, and will dump somewhere between 3-6 inches (the numbers keep changing), with 40-50 mph wind gusts.  I can't wait to see what this will look like, swirling past my window - even if it does rather get in the way of other plans that I had ... Oh, and then it's going to get very cold.  Like -3, by Saturday night ...

No comments:

Post a Comment