Saturday, September 14, 2019

it's volleyball time!


It's volleyball time!  Home opener!  Against Yale - who were wonderfully scrappy, and wouldn't let it go.  In the end, we won what should have been an easy match for us 3-2.  It's going to be a long season.

And now this post gets even more parochial ... The game was notable not for our performance, but for the appearance of our new President, Carol Folt.  I don't recollect ever seeing Max Nikias at a WVB game, but President Folt stayed until the very end.  Even more encouragingly, she told me (for yes, of course I went and (re)introduced myself - that she loves women's sports (which seems to be true).  And after a half-hearted attempt to be loyal, she admitted that we weren't playing well ...

I can't face two games tomorrow if we're playing like this.  I'll trust them to beat Howard in the morning.  Then back tomorrow evening for Villanova - who beat Yale 3-1 earlier in the day.  We - unlike Yale - didn't even have the excuse of having played 4 sets already today ...


No comments:

Post a Comment