Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Hiking downhill

One thing I've learned through posting using my iPad - one can't guarantee what order the pictures post in. So I wanted to open with the train tracks mirror, as a metaphor for looking into things closely before undertaking them. How can I complain about the views? How could I have anything to say against the vista from our lunchtime balcony?

But those trains are there for a reason. To transport people. So before deciding that one will hike down from Wengen to Lauterbrunnen, and then, and especially, from Murren to Lauterbrunnen (having caught a cable at and a little train in between), it's very wise to
a) have been going to the gym for six weeks, paying particular attention to the backwards function on the stairmaster
b) to be wearing hiking boots that do not prove to be a size too small
c) have left one's large (heavy) Nikon in the hotel
d) there's probably a d, but I'm too exhausted to remember it.

No comments:

Post a Comment