Monday, March 6, 2017

on the road with cats #1,347


This is what I woke up to this morning: Moth, wanting to be back on the road (LucyFur is somewhere round the corner, but she felt the same way).  La Posada has a new pet policy: you have to sign that you will never leave your Pet alone in your room - no, not to eat, even - in case it disturbs the other guests with its barking.  I risked being fined and thrown out - what are you meant to do, if you're traveling on your own, and when your own food isn't allowed in the rooms?  (and I'm not snacking on kitty kibble).  Happily, neither of them barked.

... though I might not have been in such a hurry to arrive if I'd known (a) that there was a dead rabbit by the front door - I sincerely hope that Animal Control has picked it up by now - and (b) that the (new) central heating boiler had stopped working.  I have a stone heating in the oven, which I'll wrap in a towel and take to bed - spot the Victorianist, here ... 

ah, yes, the perils of dual home ownership and country living.  Yes, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment