Saturday, April 8, 2023

an extremely quiet walk


... nay, an absolutely silent walk by the reservoir.  I think my laryngitis is still very much there, so I've had a completely silent day - well, apart from a squawk when the Diamondbacks took a definitive lead against the Dodgers.  With three weeks to go, I want to have something of a voice, and I know how these things can go with me ... So communication has been writing on paper pads, and on the Notes app on my iPad, and via mime - though I don't think that my skills, finely honed on charades many decades ago, were especially appreciated.  I vividly remember one New Year's Eve, in Munich, when I did a wonderful - wonderful what?  Performance, translation, rendition? - of Slaughterhouse Five.  Or for all I know Schlachthaus fünf.  It was already quite late in the evening ...

No comments:

Post a Comment