Saturday, April 15, 2023

poppy time!


After all that rain, after a few warmer days, there's a fine bloom of the California poppy seeds that I planted at the start of the winter - and of some other wild flowers, too.  And I was able to get to see them, close-up, because of the kindness of the construction workers.  I'd asked them if they could find a way for me to be able to get to the plants that are temporarily cached at the back of yard, which will start to need some water soon - and they built a little plank bridge - with a handrail! (clearly they must think of me as a granny, not someone used to scampering over makeshift stream crossings out in the wild).  Anyway. it was great to inspect everything - even with the looming sadness of Brush Clearance in just over a week, which will reduce the flowery meadow to bare earth.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment