Saturday, August 5, 2023

farmers market


This Weimeraner might be one of the favorite photos I've taken this summer .... waiting very hopefully for a treat (maybe a piece of lavender donut?) at the indoor cafe at the market (which serves, incidentally, should you be wondering, very good coffee as well as donuts).  This will probably be my last market trip of the summer - it's always tough to be leaving just as the produce is getting more plentiful.  I'd been wondering, though, what had happened to Romero Farms, from Dixon - Matt Romero is usually roasting chile by this time of the summer, and their produce is - was - always great.  But a very recent post on the Santa Fe Foodies facebook page suggests that he's moved, or is moving, over to cannabis farming.  I hope this isn't true ... I feel like that dog, looking longingly, hopefully, but probably in vain for his freshly roaster green chile.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment