Saturday, March 9, 2024

a drive


This morning, I bought a new car - having been without one, and borrowing Alice's, for four months, for which I've been hugely grateful.  And this afternoon, I took the car for a drive on my favorite road, through Pecos and up to Terrero (the general stores, there - which used to feed thousands of humming birds in the summer - is now, very sadly, permanently closed - it never recovered from Covid, and the shutting down of the campgrounds, and then the further closures because of fires).  After Terrero, and up to Cowles, the road was clearly snow-covered, so we turned round.  So the car has now performed on winding roads as well as on the freeway, and is wonderful ... cars have come a Long Way since my last purchase in 2007 ...

 

2 comments:

  1. Walter GomezMarch 12, 2024

    Congrats!! We're thrilled for you. Hopefully, no more bother from thieves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully ... I mean, *they had better not try*!!!

    ReplyDelete