Thursday, March 14, 2024

railrunner views


I so love taking the Rail Runner up or down from Albuquerque - one has much more of a sense of the northern New Mexico landscape passing through it, and especially going through several pueblos - Katishtya/San Felipe, Kewa/Santo Domingo - as opposed to whizzing along on the busy interstate.  It was super-busy when I took the rental car back this morning - and then extremely calming taking the (free!) Albuquerque #50 bus to the station, and the $4 ride up to Santa Fe, past all the wintry cotton trees that border the fertile land around the Rio Grande. I was delighted to see so many acequias - very long-standing community ditches - filled with water, and doing their irrigation work.  I actually wanted one of the new acequia-themed number plates for my new car, but I think it requires a bit of an effort to obtain that ...




 

No comments:

Post a Comment