Tuesday, April 23, 2024

classroom cover-up


It seemed the only possible way to teach without looking like a Hallowe'en zombie: I was delighted when a student told me that I Rocked That Hat.  In turn, I told the class that my work with them would be done if they all made sure that their parents and grandparents and of course themselves had their skin checked regularly ... then we slid back into normal gear and discussed the function/destruction/preservation of monuments (and I showed them the first ten minutes of the Met's video about the making of the Seneca Village Afro-Futurist installation, too).

Yes - it still hurts, especially where they had to press into the side of my head to stop veins from bleeding - that feels as though I've been thumped with a small mallet.  But better today than yesterday ... and thank you, everyone, for your concern!

 

2 comments:

  1. Walter GomezApril 25, 2024

    Ouch!! We are all sending you healing vibes. And not only are you rocking the hat, but the glasses. Very chic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. healing fine ... except when I a) raise my eyebrows (youch) b) frown (youch youch) c) look unexpectedly to the right (YOUCH). Thank you ... and WG would love the string/ribbon that hangs down from the back of the hat. Grams thinks it's irresistible.

    ReplyDelete