Monday, April 8, 2024

eclipse, muted style


These are some of the least dramatic eclipse photographs that you're likely to see ... I'd been waiting for the sky to darken some (it did - but not even as dramatically as it did during the anular solar eclipse in New Mexico last October, when, driving back from town - and having forgotten all about the event - I thought my car windows had suddenly become very dirty).  No, today, I was completely ready - not to look at the sun through cardboard spectacles, but to enjoy the strange effect of leaf-dappling shadows, overlapping like sand ribbed by the waves.

Only - there were some strangely alarmed bird sounds, and the shadows certainly thickened, but I felt that I'd rather missed out on the excitement of the main event.  All the same, it was gently eerie.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment