Thursday, May 20, 2010

twisted

Eventually, Alice made it onto a plane back from LA, and we went to celebrate at Sophie's, with dinner and particularly welcome (and well deserved) cosmos - complete with elegantly twisted orange peel. There is, of course, a whole genre - or at least sub-genre - of photos that blog-the-food-one-eats, but I'm convinced that drinks often make for better pictures: this one, anyway, was posed against a tea light that was sputtering away in the summer's evening.

I do have a conviction that one of these days, I will be able to do my Last Piece of Admin, and will reclaim my life, and maybe even get to a point where I read books - other than up-market thrillers on airplanes (as ever, I recommend the latest Linwood Barclay, improbable though his plots may be) and start thinking again.

No comments:

Post a Comment