Friday, November 20, 2015

lilies


This isn't one of those days when I take photos of flowers because, really, the rest of the day was unspeakable, or full of things I can't write about.  Indeed, it was a good day's writing/reading (especially Krista Thompson's excellent Shine, which manages not to be about flash photography - at least, not in the way in which my book is, but which is about Light in a way that makes me feel as though it's in very profitable dialogue with the questions I'm asking in my current chapter, which is on race and flash).  No, rather, the lilies were just extraordinarily beautiful in the morning sun.  This evening, they've been turning into ex-lilies, their petals falling off with little soft plops as I sit watching another USC victorious volleyball game on a very pixellated live stream.


No comments:

Post a Comment