Thursday, December 13, 2018

different shadows


Two bedroom window views.  On the top - I was photographing the little agglomeration on the windowsill, and realized that I'd captured, too, my own shadow on the wall behind.  That semi-shrine - not, by any means, constructed as such, but that's rather what it looks like - consists of a box of small square note-cards that I once gave my mother (purchased at the Zimmerli Museum, at Rutgers), a drying white rose from the lovely bouquet that Alice sent my father and me; and a bookmark from the Tate's Burne Jones exhibition- of a BJ design for a stained glass window in Brampton church, four and a half miles away from where we used to live.  I can remember, in the abstract, going to see them when I was little, but I really can't lay any claims to remembering this window in particular.

And then, below, another chance shadow, seen through the curtain: this is a model cat wind-vane, that used to be on a bedroom window in my mother's flat at Norham End, and that migrated into my bedroom a few years ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment