Thursday, April 18, 2019

hyacinth


Earlier this week, I was very happy to do a mock interview with a graduate student in English - and, wonderfully, she gave each one of her three interlocutors a hyacinth growing in a vase of water.  This one is pink, and I swear that it grows about an inch a day.  No flash was involved in the making of this picture - I find it highly ironic, though, that, having long finished my book on the subject, I now can bring myself to use flash.  Flash, in its academic incarnation, had a rare outing today in a colleague's graduate seminar (thank you, Vanessa!) - it was truly interesting looking at it from the outside, as it were, and wondering what I might have done differently.  The answer - as I said - is Not Much, given time constraints - although I addressed other possible routes not taken, too ... and felt faint stirrings of a sense that I might bear to return to some of these ideas, at some point ...

No comments:

Post a Comment