Tuesday, November 19, 2019

waiting for the rain


In all honesty, I could have done without a trip downtown today - in between admin, grad meetings, and catching a flight to London.  But it was the time allocated for me for fingerprinting at the Immigration Center - the next step to getting a replacement green card (this one will have an image of me looking like a really depressed criminal on it, I fear) - so I had to go ... It was worth it (apart from the fingerprinting) for a dialogue that took place.  They make you turn off your phone completely, so I was reading on a Kindle ...

Guard to me: why so sad?
KF: huh?
Guard: why so sad?  You reading ‘bout Boris Johnson?
KF: no!  You don’t let people go on line in here - so I’m spared news of him for a bit!
Guard: [points to picture of Trump, and rolls his eyes, and shakes his head]

And it was worth it for this picture, of course, from Wilshire.  I'm so sad to be missing the first rain of the season - even though I'll probably curse at it in the UK ...



No comments:

Post a Comment